Earn your US CMA in 2020
Miles Education invites you to Webinar on CMA 101 - Trends in Management Accounting - by Gary Cokins & Varun Jain.
Date: Sunday, August 16, 2020
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM IST
Gary Cokins is an internationally recognized expert, speaker, and author in performance improvement systems and advanced cost management. Gary began his management consulting career first with Deloitte Consulting. Then, with KPMG, he was trained on ABC by Harvard Business School Professors Robert S. Kaplan and Robin Cooper. Gary, then, headed the National Cost Management Consulting Services for Electronic Data Systems (EDS) now part of HP. From 1997 until 2013 Gary was in business development with SAS.
Gary was the lead author of the acclaimed An ABC Manager’s Primer, sponsored by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA). Mr. Cokins participates and serves on committees including the AICPA, CAM-I, the American Association of Accountants (AAA), the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), the Supply Chain Council, and the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
Key takeaways from the webinar:
- How these trends have expanded accountants from “bean counters” to “bean growers.”
- How to identify and differentiate strategic KPIs in a balanced scorecard and operational performance indicators (PIs) in dashboards.
- How to perform “predictive accounting” for driver-based budgets / rolling financial forecasts, what-if analysis, and outsourcing decisions
- How to imbed statistics and analytics into product, channel, and customer profitability analysis.
- What are the basic principles for activity-based costing (ABC).
- How to overcome implementation barriers such as behavioral resistance to change and fear of being held accountable.
Don't miss the session! See you at the webinar.
Register for Live Online Webinar on 16th Aug 2020 [Sunday] at 6:00 PM IST