Frequently Asked Questions
CPA Career Opportunities
Following are the role played by CPAs in a corporation/industry:
- Subsidiaries of US-based MNCs in India [i.e., MNCs based out of US or US SEC-registrants]
- Need to convert Indian GAAP financials to US GAAP for consolidation with the US parent. US GAAP financials – that’s the job of CPAs!
- US regulations & compliances apply. E.g., SOX, FCPA
- Few Indian MNCs who have raised $ from US capital markets
- These are US SEC-registrants; hence, have reporting requirements with the SEC - in US GAAP or IFRS. E.g., Tata Motors, Tata Steel, HDFC, ICICI,Infosys.
- Auditors of these MNCs
- For audits, the partner on the audit for a US SEC-registrant needs to be a CPA, and they always prefer to have CPAs on the engagement team.
- Especially Big 4 – Deloitte, EY, KPMG, PwC
- F&A companies
- CPAs play an important role as analysts and financial accounting. Includes Accenture, Genpact, Capgemini, IBM, HP, Infosys, Arvato, Wipro, Xerox, TCS, Cognizant, WXL, Steria and others.