Frequently Asked Questions
CPA Career Opportunities
Following are the role played by CPAs in a corporation/industry:
- Subsidiaries of US-based MNCs in India [i.e., MNCs based out of US or US SEC-registrants]
• Need to convert Indian GAAP financials to US GAAP for consolidation with the US parent. US GAAP financials – that’s the job of CPAs!
• US regulations & compliances apply. E.g., SOX, FCPA
- Few Indian MNCs who have raised $ from US capital markets
• These are US SEC-registrants; hence, have reporting requirements with the SEC - in US GAAP or IFRS. E.g., Tata Motors, Tata Steel, HDFC, ICICI,Infosys.
- Auditors of these MNCs
• For audits, the partner on the audit for a US SEC-registrant needs to be a CPA, and they always prefer to have CPAs on the engagement team.
• Especially Big 4 – Deloitte, EY, KPMG, PwC
- F&A companies
• CPAs play an important role as analysts and financial accounting. Includes Accenture, Genpact, Capgemini, IBM, HP, Infosys, Arvato, Wipro, Xerox, TCS, Cognizant, WXL, Steria and others.
Yes, Miles Education provides placement assistance to self-sponsored candidates. Reach out to your center manager for additional information.
Continued Professional Education (CPE) is required for CPAs to maintain their professional competence and provide quality professional services. CPAs are responsible for complying with all applicable CPE requirements, rules and regulations of state boards of accountancy, as well as those of membership associations and other professional organizations. There are several online websites that provide CPE courses. Make sure the course provider is registered with the National registry of CPE sponsors. Miles Education has a special tie-up with AICPA to provide CPE express to Indian candidates at discounted prices. Please contact your center manager for additional details or visit https://mileseducation.com/cpa/aicpa-cpe.