Earn your US CMA in 2020. Stay Safe and start with Varun's live online classes.
Fill up this form, and we'll send you an invite to the upcoming CMA intro webinar.
BE FUTURE-PROOF FINANCE PROFESSIONAL
BE A US CMA
CMA (Certified Management Accountant) is a globally recognized management accounting credential offered by IMA (Institute of Management Accountants), US.
The CMA certification has been the global benchmark for management accountants and financial professionals. Why? Because CMAs can explain the "why" behind numbers, not just the "what." And that can give you greater credibility, higher earning potential, and ultimately a seat at the leadership table.
With academic content organized over just 2 exam parts and the designation achievable over less than 9 months, the CMA designation offers an extensive value proposition:
Strong Knowledge Base in Finance & Accounting
Significant career progression opportunity
Other benefits: Leadership skills, international perspective, elite professional
CMA Course USPs:
- Academic Advantage (2 parts, single-level exam, 75% MCQs)
- Convenience (computerized online exams, exams held over 6 months every year)
- Short Course duration (can be completed within 9 months)
Management Accountants help create value, rather than simply measuring it!
CMA helps you to be “future-proof” as you will increasingly be expected to provide "insight" and "foresight"
Source: Gartner Inc.
IMA - WILEY - MILES
IMA-Wiley-Miles Tri-Party Agreement
- IMA-Wiley-Miles have a tri-party agreement whereby Miles CMA Review is the “official” partner of IMA (Institute of Management Accountant) in India.
- Founded by Harvard and Stanford alumni, Miles CMA Review is one of the very few Platinum Course Providers for IMA across the world.
- Miles provides training using official IMA-licensed Wiley CMAexcel Learning System. Videos by one of world’s favorite CMA instructors – Varun Jain, CPA, CMA, Harvard B-School alumnus.
CMA CAREER OPPORTUNITIES & PROGRESSION
INCLUDING GLOBAL MNCs
MNCs (Global Fortune 500 companies and Big 4) sponsor the CPA/CMA program, including the Miles study materials and training fees for their professionals. This reflects the industry demand for CPA/CMA as well as Miles’ credibility for CPA/CMA training.
Miles Corporate Tie-Up For CPA/CMA Training:
ONLY 2 EXAMS TO BECOME A CMA
ROAD TO CMA: 2 EXAMS = 2 MILESTONES
The 2-part CMA exams cover a broad-base of topics – all a Management Accountant or Financial Analyst needs to know! Students would need approximately. 400 hours to prepare for the exams. Exams are conducted across 3 exam testing windows: Jan-Feb, May-June, Sep-Oct (6 months/year) at Prometric centers around the world. Exam passing score is 360 out of 500 for each part. Exam pass rates of over 40%.
- External Financial Reporting Decisions
- Planning Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Performance Management
- Cost Management
- Internal Controls
- Technology and Analytics
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Decision Analysis
- Risk Management
- Investment Decisions
- Professional Ethics
Why only 2 exams on CMA versus 13-20 exams on global public accounting qualifications?
- US professional qualifications “COMPLEMENT” UNIVERSITY EDUCATION – e.g., to be a CPA, CMA or CFA, a university degree is mandatory
- Therefore, these are crisper in content and focus only on skill-gaps that are needed to be a F&A professional
- Designed to be pursued alongside a full-time job and to facilitate the career progression for professionals
- Indian (or even UK) professional qualifications tend to “SUBSITUTE” UNIVERSITY EDUCATION – e.g., you can be an Indian CA, CMA or CS without being an graduate!
- Therefore, these are lengthy and also encompass what a candidate would have covered (or simultaneously covers) in a university degree
THE CMA CERTIFICATE
EARN THE LETTERS “CMA” TO SHOWCASE AFTER YOUR NAME!
- Professionals with 2+ years of experience only need to clear the 2-part CMA exams to earn the CMA designation.
- IMA also has a student membership category whereby students can clear the 2-part CMA exams along with their graduation; and later, meet the other requirements for the CMA certificate. Given this provision, many students clear the CMA exams even before they graduate and get eligible for differential placements with MNCs given their status as IMA members who have cleared the CMA exams.
To Obtain The CMA Certificate, Candidates Need To Fulfill The Following Criteria:
- Examination: Clear Part 1 & Part 2 of the CMA exams
Note: The education requirement may be completed prior to or within 7 years of passing the examination. This implies that students who are pursuing their bachelor’s are eligible to take the CMA exams
- Education: Qualification - Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 2 years of professional experience in accounting or finance
Note: The experience requirement may be completed prior to or within 7 years of passing the examination
CMA Career Progression
CMA Job Opportunities with MNCs globally
The CMA Is For:
- Accounting and finance professionals at all levels who want to excel at their jobs or expand their career potential
- Accountants and Financial Decision Makers who want to obtain an advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the accounting and financial management skills that drive Business Performance.
- Those who focus specifically on financial planning, analysis, control, and decision support, as well as professional ethics.
- Those who are after the critical accounting and financial skills needed for today’s complex & changing Business Environment.
MNCs (Global Fortune 500 companies and Big 4) sponsor the CPA/CMA program including the Miles study materials and training fees for their professionals. This reflects the industry demand for CPA/CMA as well as Miles credibility for CPA/CMA training.